Sompt - getting a main line telephone connected
Does anyone know how to do this?
We completed on the purchase at the end of June 2003, and I would like to start the process of getting the main telephone line connected so that we can communicate with the outside world during our stays (and of course connect to the Internet so that I can keep this site updated).
Progress so far:
- 9th June 2003 - Sent an e-mail to the address given on the French Telecom website - will wait to see whether this works
- 17th June 2003 - No response yet - will keeping waiting for a while before sending another email
- 24th June 2003 - Ok, still no reply so this method isn't working. I have been doing a bit of web trawling and found the English version of the France Telecom website which explains the process which appears quite simple!!
What you need to do is visit your local France Telecom shop taking an ID card (or passport), the precise address of the installation and your bank account details and they should be able to activate your account and phone line. The site also mentions that it would help the process if you know the name of the previous occupant and the telephone number.
We're off to France to complete on the house shortly so we'll give it a go!
- 28th July 2003 - We decided, on our last trip, that we would wait a bit longer before getting a telephone installed to save on the line rental.
- 5th October 2003 - I have received an email from Paula Lassey who confirmed that she was able to set up her telephone line via the France Telecom website, so I may give this another try!